Saturday, September 01, 2012

September Shoe Challenge

I have been wanting to organize my shoes by color, and take my boots out of their boxes for some time now. I finally had a chance to do so this week, I have 1 shoe rack and 2 shoe shelves. I also decided to count how many shoes I have, I roughly have about 130 pairs this does not include my tennis shoes or my flip flops. I know you must be thinking why on earth would anybody need so many shoes! I don't need the shoes, but I do enjoy collecting shoes.
You can find the shoe rack online a Bed Bath & Beyond & the shoe shelves are both from Ikea


Yes I know that is an excess amount of shoes, but you have to understand that I have been collecting my shoes for over 3 yrs now. I do go through my shoes regularly and I take the shoes that I do not use or I know that I will not use over to Plato's Closet to sell them. On average I get about $5 per pair of shoes, it is very little money, this is what I prefer to do rather than sell online and have to take pics, and ship the shoes out.

I have been wanting to challenge myself to use my shoes more often.  The challenge that I came up with was to make myself use a different pair of shoes each day for the month of September (30days), and post it here on my blog.  I am a very busy mother of 4 kids so this is definitely a challenge, but I am up to it, and if I have time I will to try to do a quick OOTD also. 


7 comments:

  1. jealous! that's something i'll have to think about doing once i get to that amount!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the idea- can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like FUN! I'm excited to see your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see all the outfits you put together, to go with the shoes!! Sounds like so much fun!! Loving the idea! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all. Me and you hav the same addiction I love shoes and I have a small collection =).

    ReplyDelete