Thursday, October 25, 2012

Nicole's First Dance

I was so excited when I found out that they were having a Father Daughter Dance at my kids school!  As soon as I found out I knew I had to convince my husband to take Nicole.  My husband is not much of a dancer, but I knew that he would sacrifice a little dancing for his princess since she loves to dance.

I had fun getting her ready, Nicole is 7 and is not allowed to wear makeup except for Halloween, and for playing dress up, but I made an exception.  I put some mascara, a little bit of eyeliner, lipstick and gloss all compliments of Shannon Villanueva my Mary Kay consultant.  I also curled her hair I wanted her to feel excited after all it was her first dance. 

When they left to the dance I felt happy for them, and a little sad.  I felt sad because I feel like she is growing up so fast, and I don't know that I am ready yet.  I know all kids have to grow up, but I am enjoying the age my kids are right now, and I wish they could stay this age forever!  I know it sounds crazy, but I am not ready for the teenage years yet.  

I was mentioning this to my mom,. and she said "you need to start praying for your kids now".  It is so true, I remember my mom used to say that when I was younger that she used to pray for my future husband,   It's never to early to start praying for the future of your kids.  I need to pray for guidance, and I want to be a good example for them so that they will be able to make good decisions when they get older.  

I love this verse:  "She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction on her tongue. She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness.  Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also praises her...

Proverbs 31:26-31





Thank you for stopping by, and please don' t forget to SUBSCRIBE!

Besos!

Marieesbella

13 comments:

  1. What an adorable night I bet they had! She looked like such a little lady in that dress. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter is all about make up now, I actually have to hide mine !

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, well I hope my daughter can wait to use makeup when she is in high school. I started using makeup in JR. High which I guess would be okay...

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks gorgeous! I hope they had tons of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, she looked so pretty for her dance!!

    Dawn
    www.cheapisthenewclassy.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful post! Love the reminder to cherish the days we have now. Prov 31 is one of my favorite passages! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, I hope when my daughter is old enough they have something like this. She looks really cute by the way. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love that the schools are starting to do this, can not wait for the mother son events though. They look great, your daughter is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww she is so beautiful! And it looks like she is a daddys girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. She's so pretty! I love how muted the makeup is, and that you didn't overdo it. That's so sweet of your husband to make a little sacrifice for his baby girl!

    ReplyDelete